17 July 2008

Something's Amiss on SYTYCD

I caught SYTYCD last night, and I'm not sure I actually believe that Jessica is going home just because of an injury. Something just doesn't sit right, especially since the judges have been so harsh on her over the season. Sometimes it feels like they're running coverup operations (speaking of coverup operations, my brother-in-law just told me about a crazy book about the CIA called Legacy of Ashes, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to read it yet). And you know they rig the hat that dancers pull their routine from. I don't think they did the first season, but definitely now.

While I'm on the topic, there have been some incredible routines this year. Brent, who seems to have honed his dance critique skills in the 5 times he's watched it in his life, said it right when he said the overall level of dance skill this season is impressive. The best-performed routines so far are definitely
Ya. Don't even try to argue. I love Katee and Joshua. I also love Gev and Twich. And, I loved Matt *sniff.* I can also tell you the most overrated dances of the season:
and funny enough, both include Kherington, who is adorable and can turn like nobody's business, but isn't quite as artistic, I think.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I agree. Something fishy is going on with Jessica. What are your theories on the matter?

It seems like the costumes the girls have worn this season are more immodest than in the past. Maybe not more immodest, but sexier. But maybe I just forget from one season to the next. Sometimes I'm GLAD that Brent doesn't love watching the show with me. I know that showing the human form can help showcase the movement in a routine, but I feel they are getting sexier. Does that make sense?

I wasn't impressed that they had the artist perform who sings that "I Kissed a Girl" song. Gross.

But I agree. There have been so many incredible routines this year. So awesome. I'm just blown away week after week. Wish we could watch the show together and gush and gossip after each performance!

AmberLee said...

I'm sorry to say I have no theories worth developing regarding Jessica. It just reminds me of when Jessi?? (Pasha's partner) got sent home. So fishy.

Ya, I'm really not digging the costuming. It always bothers me that a not-so-skinny dancer, like Donyelle two years ago, got to wear more concealing clothes, but if you've got the body you don't get that option. I was starting to think there were fewer vulgar movements this season, but then I wonder if maybe I'm getting used to them, which would be scary.

It is a bit sad. I just love watching a brilliant performance, but then sometimes I see things in bad taste and become a little disenchanted.

Dad/Mom Fawson said...

I agree the dancing is so good...I thought better than ever...but what do I know? I do think that some of Mia Michaels' routines are over rated. Is that blaspheme Amber???

I really love Katee too and all the 3 remaining blk guys are fabulous.

Dad doesn't watch much unless there is a really skippy costume on the girls...no surprise...he has always appreciated a pretty girl

Love
MOM F