I turned 31 last week. And I noticed something new. I feel suddenly I want to enjoy what I have. I want to be with the kids more, be with my husband more, talk with my friends and family more and be there for the people I know. I want time to read novels again and cook things out of Bon Appetit (thanks, Cherie!) and I finally want to have time to actually read the stories on economist.com, the way real adults always read the paper in the morning. We'll see how it works.
28 August 2009
31
When I turned 30, I'm sure I changed overnight. The day before, when I was a youthful 29, I felt like I needed to keep on with certain ambitions. But when I woke up 30, suddenly I just wanted to be a responsible adult, and didn't mind so much if that meant staying home more or giving up a few more wants of my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Happy Bday! I felt changed at 30 also. I wonder what I will feel at 40.....
happy birthday amber! although I haven't met 30 yet, felt much different at 25 than I did at 24. I can only imagine how it will be to turn 30 ! i think i will like it.
Post a Comment