01 April 2009

Doughnuts and Music and Fame!

We just listened to the most fascinating RadioLab podcast about music, which speculates why speakers of tonal languages, such as Mandarin, are hugely more likely to develop perfect pitch. I guess Danny and Kate are a lost cause, but if we can just get this next baby fluent in Mandarin by age two...

And one more RadioLab note. Armstrong & Getty read an email of mine on their show today, also about RadioLab, a different episode. I'm such a nerd. They made a pretty good size segment out of it. They said my name like 4 times. I was so excited that I couldn't figure out where I put my breakfast until an hour later, when I found it in the microwave.
Also, I can't wait to make semi-homemade doughnuts again. I haven't made these since Kate was three. Danny was asking me how doughnuts were made this week, so I think it's time again.

4 comments:

terrah said...

That's awesome Amber! I listen to NPR all the time and always wonder what it would be like to write a letter in that actually got READ AN AIR!

Shanti said...

ooh! you're famous! so what exactly did your e-mail say?? you should have called me so i could listen!

Werner & Sharon Hoeger said...

Doughnuts!!!!!

http://www.annecollins.com/dietary-fat/fat-donuts.htm

Danee said...

Amber, I am so sorry that i missed it. i listen to A&G a lot but i have to be careful when my kids are around because they can get crude. can i go on and listen to it in their archives? i have never tried before but maybe it is there. you are my hero for actually writing in. you do the things that i only think would be cool to do but get so scared. what day was it?