
I've never found a real woman's purse I loved enough to pay for. I realize there are a lot of great purses out there, I think I just lack the ability to appreciate them. I really related to the part in Nora Ephron's book
I Feel Bad about My Neck where she gives up on purses entirely and commits to carrying around a plastic MetroCard bag she bought for $15. And while I hope that someday I find a real womanly purse I love, I've found something I reaaaaally want in the meantime: I want a
Freitag messenger bag!

Brent, my wonderful husband, rented the documentary
Helvetica and watched it with me. And while I was gushing about how wonderful it is that other people in the world think typography is exhilerating, suddenly I saw it. A man with a utility knife was standing over a used truck tarp cutting out the pattern of a messenger bag. Then it's assembled into a beautiful, beautiful bag like this one:

And the straps are made out of used seatbelts. You can't beat that for wear and tear. I wonder if I can get one used. Honey, you can consider this an official hint. I'm thinking I need the Lassie
and the Dexter.
2 comments:
Love the bags!! LOVE the movie!!
AHHH! You saw the movie!! That is so great. I'm glad I found a fellow fan!
Post a Comment