14 November 2008
Jenifer Hixson: Where There's Smoke
The Moth podcast is one Brent and I have occasionally listened to. It's from a live show where comedians, artists, writers stand up and tell a life story with no notes. I've had to be a careful listener, I've bailed out on more life stories than I've finished, because I prefer to just skip an episode if it gets offensive to me. But some of them, and this one in particular, have been so touching. It's about a chance meeting of Jenifer, who finds herself in a nice suburban neighborhood running away from an abusive boyfriend, and another woman doing the same thing. Not too much humor in this story, all 11 minutes are pretty serious. But it just gets you thinking about the people you meet in your life, and why, and all the millions of people you never meet in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment