




After my race, I found I had a gaping vacuum in my running life. Where I once had a day in and day out commitment to try to follow Hal Higdon's novice-runner training program, I now had nothing. And while I was looking forward to having late nights again, without worrying about getting enough rest for tomorrow's run, it was still a little strange. It felt quiet, too quiet.
I also felt a lag in motivation. So I've been looking for something to spice up my runs. Twice I ran to the gym, worked out and ran home, that was different. But yesterday I tried something new--I took my camera on the road with me. Truely, one of the best surprises of being in the country has been running here. I had no idea how pretty it would be, and often wished I had a camera with me.
So here they are, pics of my run yesterday. It was a little foggy added to the mystique. Mom and Dad, now that I know the good routes, you'll have to come back and run with me. And Kyle, I can give you a way better route now (so you can take off and run at full speed for however long it is you run).
While running, I came up with a couple ideas for themes of future shoots--like country road kill or dogs who bark at me.


1 comment:
Wow! Those pictures are amazing! They look more like paintings.
We'll get there eventually to run with you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment